Friday 10 February 2012

Researching Production Logos

Before making a logo for our production company, I researched existing and well known logos in order to make an effective one. I noticed first of all that most companies would have their name in capital letters, which helps the name stand out. I also noticed that a lot of the logos would have the text of their name centrally with multi rows, including a simple picture above, making their brand memorable but not too complicated, some as 2D silhouettes like Dreamworks, or  3D shapes like Legendary. Logos like Miramax I felt were a bit too simplistic without the picture, it's good to have something else for the consumer to remember about the company. Although the more complicated logos like 20th Century Foxs are effective and memorable, I feel it is too modern looking for our company as we are producing an old style film. Therefore we shall stick to choosing a 2D image suiting our company name and text below. I also liked the look of a black background on the Legendary pictures and miramax logo, and think black would be effective for the Film Noir look, so shall use a black background on our logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment