Saturday 14 April 2012

Audience Feedback

To get audience feedback, an afternoon viewing session was arranged where all of the media students would show their Film Noir film and watch the others, and we would write down feedback for each. This is the feedback our film was given:

1. "The whole film was very good and very well put together as a whole. I thought the music fitted in perfectly with the scenes to add drama, especially at 4:30 when he is walking through the church. I also thought the link between scenes was very clever at 3:30 when the dark tunnel turns into a coat being taken off. I really enjoyed watching this." - Gemma

2. "Overall I enjoyed watching the film, and feel it had a good storyline. I particularly liked the use of shadows in the tunnel scene which fitted the Film Noir genre well, and although I am usually put off watching black and white films, I thought it worked well in black and white. I also liked the use of slow motion. The only room for improvement is that I found a few of the shot transitions did not flow completely, giving black flashes." - Sophie

3. "Black and White works well, maybe needs to be a bit darker to fit in with film noir, editing and sound are really good and the storyline is inticing but too much like brick" - Beth

4. "A really gripping storyline that fits in well with the film noir genre.
Mise-en-scene, was well planned in advance. The camera angles and editing executed and flowed really well from one scene to the next." - Jess

5. "I really like this film and I feel it relates well back to original genre- I can see some of the traits of film noir coming through. I think the black and white really makes the whole thing stylized and professional looking. I also thought the music worked really well with the film." - Florrie


6. "I enjoyed this film a lot and thought it was very well done and was impressed how well the genre and storyline came across in the short amount of time they had. Although slightly amateurish I thought it was very well done the editing techniques especially were impressive and slick. I thought the voice over was a nice addition that helped the storyline." - Mark


I am pleased with the feedback, as it had many positives but also some areas for improvement which will help with the evaluation. I am glad that many had the same feelings about the film that I did, and agreed that it fit the Film Noir genre. I am also happy with how they took in and wrote about the different aspects of the film; the sound, editing, mise en scene and camera angles, making very valuable feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment