Friday 13 April 2012

Making a review for our film - existing reviews

Before making my film review, I needed to research into existing reviews, what they looked like and how they were written. I chose to look at online reviews rather than magazine reviews as I feel they are the more popular way of being seen by this generation. I first looked at a film review on The Guardian website for 'The Hunger Games' (the picture on the left) and then looked at the Empire magazine website's revue on '21 Jump Street' (the picture below).











The two are differently set out, but are equally good reviews. I will take aspects from each to create mine. For example they both include freeze-frame photographs of footage from the film, which I will do, and on the Guardian revue has an informative description of the photo underneath it. I like the amount of information they have on the film on the Empire review, and having it on the side keeps it neat and easily found. I also prefer the Empire review as it gives a rating at the top whereas the other doesn't, so it would be hard for some to find how good the journalist thinks the film is, having to read the whole review. Another good feature is having a small summary of the plot at the top and main review after. However I do like how the Guardian article is written in first person, using I and giving his opinions. This makes the reader relate to them more and find it more honest. I will do this in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment